- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Contrary to previous erroneous reports, Shia LaBeouf has not checked into a rehabilitation facility but he is voluntarily receiving treatment for alcohol addiction,” the rep says in a statement. “He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery.”
The announcement comes days after the actor’s June 26 arrest at a Broadway performance of Cabaret, where he was escorted out in handcuffs after allegedly causing a disturbance. He was later charged with five misdemeanor counts of trespassing, disorderly conduct and harassment. Earlier in the day, he was videotaped fighting with a homeless person.
The arrest marks just the latest in a series of strange antics from LaBeouf — including a skywriting apology, declaring his retirement from public life and wearing paper bag on his head at a red carpet event. He also undertook an #IAmSorry performance art piece, in which he invited people to join him in a room while he sat silently.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day