- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Shonda Rhimes says one very special vampire hunter helped reinforce her love of television.
“I was very inspired by Buffy, mainly because it felt very fresh and new and like something that hadn’t been on television before,” Rhimes says of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. “I felt like I rediscovered television again by binge watching the first — I think it was the first five or six seasons of it— in a row when I was a new mother. ”
The Joss Whedon series ran from 1997-2003, and as with Rhimes’ staples such as Scandal and Grey’s Anatomy, centered on a strong female protagonist.
See more Shonda Rhimes’ Career in Pictures
Rhimes, who graces the cover of the Oct. 17 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine, has plenty more to say about topics such as the “angry black woman” controversy and her shows.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day