- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Showtime on Saturday announced that Mark Halperin will not be a part of The Circus if the show has another season.
Halperin was a co-host of the series, which has been on for two seasons.
Recently, numerous women have accused the author and political analyst of sexual harassment, for which he apologized.
Halperin on Friday took to Twitter to issue a statement saying he was “profoundly sorry for the pain and anguish” he caused with “past actions.”
“The world is now publicly acknowledging what so many women have long known: Men harm women in the workplace,” Halperin said in the statement. “For a long time at ABC News, I was part of the problem. I acknowledge that, and I deeply regret it. As I said earlier in the week, my behavior was wrong. It caused fear and anxiety for women who were only seeking to do their jobs.”
On Thursday, NBC News severed ties with the political analyst, who also previously worked with MSNBC and ABC News. “We find the story and the allegations very troubling,” the network said Thursday morning in a statement. “Mark Halperin is leaving his role as a contributor until the questions around his past conduct are fully understood.”
Later that same day, HBO announced it would drop its planned miniseries about the 2016 presidential election that was based in part on some of the work of Halperin.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day