- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The duo belted out a string of her hits — “Chandelier,” “Diamonds,” “Elastic Heart,” “Alive” and “Titanium” — as they drove around Los Angeles. Donning her black-and-white wig topped with a black bow, Corden asked the artist why she always covers her face while taking a breather between songs.
“I don’t wear this unless there’s cameras around,” she said about her signature look. “I only wear this just to try and maintain a modicum of privacy.”
When the host asked her to elaborate, Sia opened up about her past as an addict.
“I was a singer already for like 10 or 11 years, to mediocre success, and I was an alcoholic and a drug addict, and I sobered up and decided I didn’t want to be an artist anymore because I was starting to get a little bit famous and it was destabilizing in some way,” she said.
Sia continued, “So I thought, ‘What doesn’t exist in pop music at the moment?’ And it was mystery … there’s pictures on Instagram of everyone at the dentist.”
Towards the end of the ride, Corden then wears his own Sia wig. Watch the 11-minute clip below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day