- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Venice Days has teamed up again with Miu Miu to put the spotlight on women during the festival. Two short films by leading female directors Alice Rohrwacher (De Djess) and Agnes Varda (Les 3 boutons) will premiere at the fest on Sept. 3. and a series of talks with innovative women will then unfold over three days.
Singer-songwriter Sia will headline a talk as part of the Miu Miu Women’s Tales talks. French actress Stacy Martin, star of Nymphomaniac Vol. 1 and Tale of Tales, and current Miu Miu “It Girl” will also be on hand to speak with festival guests. Other guests of the series include actress Julia Garner (The Americans), Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit), and comedian Whitney Cummings.
Last year Miranda July debuted a new film and mobile app Somebody, aimed at getting people to interact in the real world. Miu Miu fans Kirsten Dunst, Dakota Fanning, Lena Dunham, Felicity Jones and Kate Mara came out in full support.
On Sept. 5, a surprise event will be announced. Said Venice Days director Giorgio Gosetti: “We like to leave some room to host women artists at the Venice Film Festival who are struck by our program and decide then and there to be a part of it, sharing their experiences with us.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day