- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A new chapter begins in the sequel to drug-cartel thriller Sicario, Soldado, the trailer for which debuted Tuesday.
In the follow-up to the 2015 film, FBI agent Matt Graver (Josh Brolin) returns to reteam with Alejandro (Benicio Del Toro) as the drug war taking place on the U.S.-Mexico border has escalated dangerously, with the cartels now trafficking terrorists across the border.
“You wanna see this thing through? I’m gonna have to get dirty,” Brolin’s Graver teases, as he assures Del Toro’s Alejandro that there are “no rules” this time and that he’s setting him “loose.” “You’re gonna help us start a war,” Brolin says, before telling Alejandro that such a battle will be with “everyone.”
Stefano Sollima will direct the film, with Basil Iwanyk, Black Label’s Molly Smith and Thad and Trent Luckinbill, and Edward McDonnell serving as producers. Lionsgate and Black Label are co-financing.
Isabela Moner, Jeffrey Donovan, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo and Catherine Keener also star.
Sony is set to release Sicario 2: Soldado in theaters in June 29, 2018.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day