- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sigourney Weaver will appear in the Ghostbusters reboot, according to a tweet from director Paul Feig.
It is unclear if the actress, who appeared in the original two films, will be reprising her role as Dana Barrett.
Weaver joins Bill Murray and Dan Akyroyd, who also starred in Ghostbusters (1984) and Ghostbusters II (1989), as returnees to the franchise, which Sony is rebooting with a female bent. Feig’s film stars Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones and Chris Hemsworth. It hits theaters on July 22, 2016. Original castmember Ernie Hudson also shot a cameo.
The film recently wrapped production in Boston.
Weaver, who will star in the next three Avatar films, most recently appeared in Chappie and Exodus: Gods and Kings. She is repped by UTA and Jackoway Tyerman.
Gang, trying to keep surprises but this is about to leak, so I’ll tell you myself: the awesome Sigourney Weaver is going to be in our movie!
— Paul Feig (@paulfeig) September 25, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day