- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sigur Rós frontman Jónsi and artist Alex Somers will score WGN America’s series on the race to build the atomic bomb in the 1940s, Manhattan.
For Jonsi — born Jon Thor Birgisson — it is his first television venture, having previously scored Cameron Crowe’s We Bought a Zoo in 2011, a score Somers produced. Jonsi & Alex, the name under which the couple has performed and composed since 2003, is best known for their 2009 instrumental work Riceboy Sleeps; they toured together in support of Jónsi’s solo album Go.
Manhattan, the second original drama from the newly relaunched cable network, is in production in New Mexico and is set to premiere in July. Tribune Studios, Skydance Television and Lionsgate Television are producing the series on the Manhattan Project, which stars John Benjamin Hickey, Olivia Williams and Daniel Stern.
Manhattan is created, executive produced and written by Sam Shaw (Masters of Sex) and directed by the Emmy-winning Thomas Schlamme (The West Wing).
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day