- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Britain’s Got Talent, produced by Simon Cowell‘s Syco Entertainment and featuring Cowell as a judge this season, has lost the direct Saturday night showdown with The Voice over the past three weeks during the 8-8:20pm overlap of the two shows.
As reported, this past weekend, the latter also drew more viewers overall for the first time, although BGT won when including viewership on ITV1+1, which re-airs programs with an hour delay.
ITV said BGT would start at 8:30pm, as opposed to 8pm, later this month and run until 9:45pm. An ITV spokesman wouldn’t say, however, whether the time slot change would become permanent. “We bill each show from week to week, but it’s certainly in that slot on April 21,” he said.
One observer suggested the network could test the new time slot on that date and make it permanent if the show performs well.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day