- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Canadian broadcaster Bell Media has acquired the local rights to the U.K. adventure series Sinbad from Impossible Pictures, as part of a pre-buy from international distributor BBC Worldwide.
Bell Media will air the first 13 one hours of the U.K. series on its Space cable channel. BBC Worldwide also pre-sold Sinbad, a contemporary take on the eighth century iconic hero, to Canal + ahead of its annual TV export market in Liverpool this week. Sinbad stars Elliot Knight, Naveen Andrews, Sophie Okonedo and Timothy Spall.
Space earlier built a Canadian following for another Impossible Pictures series, Primeval. That prompted Bell Media to order a spinoff drama, Primeval: New World, which adds new Canadian characters and story lines to the original British series and is set to debut here in Fall 2012.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day