- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A new photo of singer Sinead O’Connor surprised the world on Monday, and now a video has also surfaced. O’Connor looks drastically different than she did at the height of her career in the ‘90s.
The singer, most well known for her 1990’s song “Nothing Compares 2 U,” took the stage in St. Petersburg in June. She performed the song “Reason With Me” live. The song is off her new album, Home.
O’Connor reached international fame with her 1990 album I Do Not Want What I Haven’t Got, which contained the cover of Nothing Compares 2 U, a song written by Prince. She received Grammy nominations for Record of the Year and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, and eventually won for Best Alternative Music.
O’Connor was criticized when she went on Saturday Night Live in 1992 when she ripped up a photo of Pope John Paul II in a protest of the sexual abuse within the Roman Catholic Church. O’Connor has been relatively outside of the media spotlight for several years.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day