- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Skrillex is on a roll: the superstar DJ will contribute music to Disney Animation’s forthcoming film, Wreck-It Ralph.
His new gig, announced at Comic-Con on Thursday, comes on the heels of the news that he’ll also compose new material for the soundtrack to Harmony Korine‘s upcoming film, Spring Breakers, co-starring Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens. At the time of that announcement, he tweeted: “it’s more or less traditional scoring…dont expect dance floor bangers!”
Skrillex (real name: Sonny Moore), who won three Grammys last February and earns about $100,000 a pop to spin at clubs, is embarking on a tour with Diplo, Pretty Lights and Grimes that kicks off Friday in Toronto.
PHOTOS: Scores That Rock: 10 Musicians Who Crossed Over to Movies
Wreck-It Ralph, meanwhile, is slated to hit theaters in November. At Comic-Con, Disney previewed 10 minutes of the film, which follows the unglamorous, behind-the-scenes lives of vintage arcade game characters like Kano from Mortal Kombat. John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jane Lynch and 30 Rock’s Jack McBrayer voice characters with Rich Moore directing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day