- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Pan-European pay TV giant Sky will world premiere the video for David Bowie’s new single “Blackstar.”
The 10-minute short film will be simultaneously released to Sky’s 21 million subscribers in the U.K., Ireland, Italy, Germany and Austria at 8:45 p.m. London time on Thursday, just before the second episode of just-launched crime drama The Last Panthers.
The track was written for the opening credits of the show, which Sky’s Sky Atlantic network debuted Thursday night. The music video was directed by series director Johan Renck.
“Hosting the world premiere of David Bowie’s short film … on Sky channels is very exciting,” said Zai Bennett, director of Sky Atlantic. “It means Sky customers will be the first people in the world to see this video and enjoy the song in full, following a unique collaboration between Sky, David Bowie and Sony Music.”
The six-part series, a joint commission with Canal Plus in France, stars Samantha Morton, Tahar Rahim, Goran Bogdan and John Hurt.
Renck has worked on the likes of Bloodline, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead, as well as music videos by Madonna, New Order and Beyonce.
21st Century Fox owns a 39 percent stake in Sky.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day