- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Sky Vision has picked up the international distribution rights to the NBC comedy Working the Engels.
BSkyB’s international distribution arm will bring the Halfire-CORE comedy that stars Andrea Martin to MIPTV to introduce to international buyers.
The sitcom, also picked up by Shaw Media in Canada, was created and written by Katie Ford and Jane Ford, and centers on a family who must band together to keep their heads above water when their father and breadwinner passes away, leaving them with a mountain of debt.
The Engels must all go to work running Dad’s storefront law firm, with one minor problem: Daughter Jenna is the only one who is qualified to practice law.
The series also stars Kacey Rohl, Azura Skye and Benjamin Arthur, with a guest-star appearances from Eugene Levy (American Pie, Best In Show) and Martin Short.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
iHeartRadio Music Awards: Taylor Swift Honored With Innovator Award, Harry Styles Among Top Winners
Jonathan Majors Arrested and Charged With Assault, Lawyer Says Actor Is “Completely Innocent”
Jeremy Renner Shares Video Walking on Anti-Gravity Treadmill After Snowplow Accident: “Time for My Body to Rest and Recover”