- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony Pictures has released an official synopsis for Skyfall, the 23rd installment in the long-running James Bond franchise. Following an image leaked onto the internet late last week, Sony posted a short, mostly detail-free description of the plot of the forthcoming film.
Directed by Sam Mendes from a script by Neal Purvis & Robert Wade (Casino Royale) and John Logan (Hugo), Skyfall promises to delve into the background of a heretofore largely unexplored character, Bond’s commanding officer M (played by Judy Dench). Check out the synopsis below:
Daniel Craig is back as James Bond 007 in Skyfall, the 23rd adventure in the longest-running film franchise of all time. In Skyfall, Bond’s loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.
While the last two Bond films were parts of a connected story, both Mendes and Logan have indicated that Skyfall is a standalone adventure that will not tie into the reboot story started in Casino Royale and wrapped up in A Quantum of Solace.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Queen of Basketball