- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Nov. 29 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
With the hip Ace Hotel about to open in the historic United Artists building on Broadway in downtown L.A., aesthetics-minded hospitality brand SBE is looking to get into the boutique hotel action, too.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that SBE head Sam Nazarian — who made his name with such posh L.A. nightclubs as Hyde by catering to the likes of Paris Hilton and Leonardo DiCaprio — is in talks to open another iteration of his splashy SLS hotel, to be located near Grand Avenue’s Walt Disney Concert Hall, MOCA and philanthropist Eli Broad‘s on-the-way Broad museum. (SBE already has two Philippe Starck-designed SLS hotels, one on La Cienega Boulevard, the other in Miami’s South Beach.)
When asked for comment, an SBE rep said, “We’re currently eyeing a number of locations downtown but have not finalized any projects at this time.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day