- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Teresa Palmer and Benjamin Walker are starring in the adaptation of the 2007 novel by Nicholas Sparks.
The story centers on Travis (Walker) and Gabby (Palmer), who meet first as neighbors in a small coastal town and end up pursuing a relationship that neither could have foreseen. The film will span their love affair over decades as their relationship is ultimately tested by life’s most defining events.
Ross Katz is directing from a screenplay adaptation by Bryan Sipe. Sparks and Theresa Park are partnering with Peter Safran to produce and finance the film, the first independent feature from Nicholas Sparks Productions. Jason Constantine, president of acquisitions and co-productions, and Eda Kowan, executive vp, acquisitions and co-productions will oversee the project for Lionsgate. Good Universe is handling international sales for the film.
Welling will play Ryan. Welling’s recent work includes Draft Day and Smallville. He’s repped by WME.
Daddario recently appeared on HBO’s hit series True Detective and has wrapped work on San Andreas opposite Dwayne Johnson. She’s repped by UTA and McKeon Myones Entertainment.
Grace, whose previous works includes Taken 2 and the upcoming Tak3n, will play Travis’ sister. She’s repped by UTA and Wishlab.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi