- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ben Stiller has created many famous characters for his hit movies over the years: the Meet The Parents trilogy, Tropic Thunder, Night at the Museum, There’s Something About Mary. But Saturday night he brought back to life perhaps his most famous character: Derek Zoolander.
In an attempt to make Seth Meyers jealous on “Weekend Update”, city correspondent Stefon (played hilariously by Bill Hader) brought on his new friend, Zoolander, “New York’s hottest male model.” They were promoting their Halloween party.
“For too long, Halloween in New York has been a quiet, almost religion-y holiday for old people and babies, but that’s all about to change,” Stiller, 45, said in character as the model. “This year, I’m hosting a VIP blowout in New York’s hottest neighborhood: SoWeHoBeLoHobo” – south of West Houston below lower Hoboken, or, basically, the middle of the Hudson River.
He announced his Halloween costume for the party: his new look, “Cold Coffee” (which bore a striking resemblance to the model’s famed “Blue Steel.”)
All proceeds for the event will benefit the Derek Zoolander Foundation for Fat Kids Who Are Fat But Not in a Cute Way Like That Fat Kid on Modern Family.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day