- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Everyone from Conan O’Brien to Leif Garrett has spoofed Brad Pitt’s strange ads for Chanel No. 5 — and we would be disappointed if Saturday Night Live didn’t join the fray.
Indeed, NBC’s sketch-comedy show parodied the much-maligned commercials in a series of ads on its Saturday night broadcast.
PHOTOS: Brad Pitt’s ‘Killing Them Softly’ Premiere
“Is there really no script, because I’ve been talking to myself for two hours straight. I’m starting to sound insane,” the Pitt impersonate says in one ad, after speaking nonsense for a while.
In another, he praises Taco Bell, and later promotes dog condoms for people who don’t want to neuter their pooches.
The black-and-white ad debuted just over a week ago but has already sparked numerous spoofs around the web. The ad, shot by Golden Globe nominated-director Joe Wright, shows the actor as he delivers an earnest monologue complete with several dramatic pauses.
STORY: The Many Revolutions of Brad Pitt
“It’s not a journey. Every journey ends but we go on,” he says. “The world turns and we turn with it. Plans disappear. Dreams take over. But wherever I go, there you are. My luck, my fate, my fortune.”
O’Brien’s spoof ended with a spokeswoman’s voice saying, “Brad Pitt’s nonsensical ramblings by Chanel.”
Garrett’s, meanwhile, included a quip about the band Journey.
Watch the three SNL spots below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day