- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The show was a bit below average from the rest of the season, but less than half of ratings monger Lindsay Lohan, who scored a 5.5 overnight household ratings when she hosted March 3, the second-highest of the season.
After Taran Killam impersonated Piers Morgan in a Trayvon Martin-focused sketch, the Piers Morgan Tonight host tweeted, “I think it’s time I hosted #SNL — they’re using me every week for ratings anyway. May as well get paid for it… Lorne?”
Not sure if Morgan could bring in high ratings, but Lorne Michaels sure seems to believe New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning could. The show announced Saturday night the SuperBowl MVP will host the show on May 5, with musical guest Rihanna. No word if older brother Peyton (who hosted the sketch show in 2007 after his Colts SuperBowl win) will make an appearance.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day