- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rashida Jones also will star in the movie that follows a young mother who reconnects with her larger-than-life playboy father on an adventure through New York. On the Rocks will film this spring in New York City.
The movie marks the first project under the pact between indie studio A24 and Apple, which was announced in November. The deal, which will see the Moonlight studio producing a slate of multiple pics for the soon-to-be streamer, marked the tech giant’s first substantial announcement regarding its feature film plans.
It is unclear how the movies produced under the pact will be distributed, but A24 handles theatrical distribution for its films.
Coppola, who previously worked with A24 on the true-life celebrity burglary feature The Bling Ring, will produce On the Rocks along with Youree Henley. Mitch Glazer and Roman Coppola will executive produce.
Murray, who was last seen onscreen in a small cameo in 2016’s Ghostbusters, has multiple upcoming features, including a sequel to 2009’s Zombieland; Wes Anderson’s latest, The French Dispatch; and Jim Jarmusch’s The Dead Don’t Die. He is repped by Ziffren Brittenham.
Jones, who is repped by UTA and Schreck Rose, is headed to Sundance with the competition title The Sound of Silence.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day