- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The duo are the latest to be associated with the project, which has already attracted Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Hilary Swank and Ashton Kutcher, who are in various stages of negotiations to lead roles as well.
Lea Michele and Abigail Breslin are already on board the production, which is eyeing a mid-December shoot in New York. Garry Marshall is directing, while Mike Karz and Wayne Rice are producing.
The movie tells intertwining stories of a group of New Yorkers as they navigate their way through romance over the course of New Year’s Eve.
Biel is playing a pregnant woman who, along with her husband, try to win a cash prize given by a hospital to the couple who are first to give birth on New Year’s Day. The actress, repped by CAA and Management 360, appeared in New Line’s previous ensemble movie, Valentine’s Day, and garnered acclaim in Easy Virtue.
Vergara, repped by WME, Untitled and Latin World Entertainment, was nominated for an Emmy for her work in ABC’s Modern Family. She recently wrapped a feature turn in The Smurfs.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade