- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sonia Braga has joined Julia Roberts and Jacob Tremblay in Wonder, Lionsgate’s adaptation of the R.J. Palacio YA novel, now in production in Vancouver.
Stephen Chbosky (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) is directing the heartwarming drama.
The story sees Tremblay, who had a breakout performance as the young star of Room opposite Brie Larson, playing a young boy who was born with a facial deformity. The film will follow how he and his family cope as he enters a mainstream school for the first time.
Roberts is playing the boy’s mother. Braga, in turn, will play Roberts’ mother.
Among the other castmembers are Owen Wilson, Mandy Patinkin and Hamilton star Daveed Diggs.
Braga, the Brazilian actress who broke through stateside with 1985’s Kiss of the Spider Woman, recently starred in Aquarius, a drama that was nominated for the Palm d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival. Braga also will appear in Netflix’s Marvel show Luke Cage.
She is repped by Untitled and Schreck Rose.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day