- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
San Diego Music Thing, an annual conference hosting bands from the U.S. and the U.K., has officially announced its keynote speakers and artist lineup.
Kim Gordon, co-founder of Sonic Youth, and Mike Herrera, frontman for MxPx will have top billing at the confab held Sept. 13 and 14 at San Diego’s Sheraton Mission Valley.
Bands slated to perform include recently reunited 90s favorites Medicine, Gordon’s new project with guitarist Bill Nace called Body/Head, the Pitchfork-praised Caveman, as well as Ra Ra Riot, Pictureplane, FIDLAR, Beat Club, Leftover Cuties and The Features, among others.
Sponsored by the nonprofit San Diego Music Foundation, which works to provide music programs to San Diego County schools and also organizes the San Diego Music Awards show, most of the live performances take place in the evening. But badge holders and “super badge holders” have access to a variety of events, including speaker presentations, panels, mentoring, interactive sessions and an “instrument letting zoo,” where attendees can play a variety of gear supplied directly from manufacturers.
They will also have access to daytime performances and artists sessions with Lol Tolhurst of The Cure and Scott Page of Pink Floyd.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day