- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Robin Weigert has signed on to the Bobby Fischer drama Pawn Sacrifice.
Directed by Edward Zwick, the film stars Tobey Maguire as the American chess phenom. Weigert will play his eccentric mother, Regina.
Lily Rabe and Liev Schreiber will also star in the film.
Gail Katz Productions and Maguire’s Material Pictures are producing Pawn Sacrifice, which is currently filming. Filming locations include Montreal, Reykjavik and Los Angeles.
The film follows Fischer and his chess nemesis Boris Spassky (Schreiber) as they enter the “Match of the Century.”
Weigert was nominated for an Emmy for her work as Calamity Jane on HBO’s Deadwood. She currently plays a lawyer on FX’s hit drama Sons of Anarchy. Her most recent film, Concussion, was released by RADiUS-TWC on Oct. 4. She’s repped by Innovative Artists and Thruline Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi
James Gordon Meek