- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony is launching its first two Android tablets, the first of which is now available for pre-sale and will be in stores beginning next month.
The debut Sony Tablet S starts at $499. With a unique tablet design, it features a 9.4-inch touchscreen display and weighs roughly 1.33 lbs.
Available later this year, the Sony Tablet P has two 5.5-inch displays with a folding design, and weighs just under one pound.
Among the entertainment features, Sony’s Tablets include Video Unlimited and Music Unlimited, as well as “PlayStation certified” gaming including Crash Bandicoot and Pinball Heroes.
According to ABI Research, worldwide annual media tablet shipments are expected reach more than 120 million units in 2015. The firm found that Android media tablets have collectively taken 20% market share away from the iPad in the last 12 months, though no single vendor using Android has been a significant challenge to the Apple technology.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood