- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group chairman Tom Rothman has keyed up a special way to celebrate the studio’s successes on the big screen: Mustang Mondays.
According to multiple sources, on the first weekday after a box office win, Rothman drives his mint-condition red Mustang convertible to work and leaves it parked in front of the Thalberg Building. The Mustang has needed plenty of gas lately: Sony’s Venom opened at No. 1 and stayed in the top spot in its second weekend — besting new release First Man and fellow sophomore A Star Is Born — and is close to reaching the $400 million mark globally.
While Mustang Mondays are all about big wins, there’s one loser when the convertible comes to the Sony campus: Elon Musk. Rothman’s other car is a Tesla.
A version of this story first appeared in the Oct. 17 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day