- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony has picked up Psych, a comedy pitch from Aaron Buchsbaum and Teddy Riley. Mosaic is attached to produce.
Psych, which is a working title, is described as a two-hander involving a young psychiatrist whose life is turned upside down after he tries some unorthodox therapy on his institutionalized patient.
Michael De Luca and Jonathan Kadin are overseeing for Sony.
The two are known for their script El Tigre, a comedy that Sony picked up in 2012 for mid-six figures. They also are writing an untitled Secret Service comedy for Parkes/MacDonald and are repped by Paradigm, Mosaic, and attorney Jeff Frankel.
Mosaic has several projects in development at the studio, including a comedy set in the world of a Shakespearean theater company (Will Ferrell is attached), the big-screen remake of 1980s TV show Manimal. Action-comedy The Yank, which also has Ferrell attached, was set up at Tri-Star last year.
See more 30 of 2015’s Most Anticipated Movies
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day