- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony Pictures has promoted Lumumba Mosquera to senior vp business affairs.
Mosquera negotiates rights, talent, co-financing, first-look, and related motion picture deals on behalf of the studio. Mosquera will now have a particular focus on TriStar Productions, the newly revived film label run by Tom Rothman whose goal is to produce around four movies a year.
“Lu has consistently demonstrated savvy negotiating skills throughout his entire tenure at Columbia,” said Andrew Gumpert, Sony’s president worldwide business affairs and operations. “With this well-deserved promotion, Lu will also take on the responsibility of principal dealmaker for TriStar Productions.”
Some of Mosquera’s recent dealmaking has included Captain Phillips and Grown Ups 2 as well as the untitled Cameron Crowe project starring Emma Stone and Bradley Cooper.
Mosquera joined Sony Pictures in 2009 from Ventanazul. Before that, he was vp business and legal affairs at the Weinstein Company and Dimension/Miramax Films.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day