- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Looking ahead to next awards season, Sony has set George Clooney’s The Ides of March to open Oct. 14.
Clooney has begun shooting the political thriller, which is based on Beau Willimon’s play Farragut North. He also stars in the film, opposite Ryan Gosling, Paul Giamatti, Marisa Tomei and Evan Rachel Wood.
Clooney and longtime producing partner Grant Heslov penned the adapted screenplay.
When picking up North American distribution rights, Sony indicated it would launch Ides of March in a limited run in December, followed by a wide release in January. Instead, Sony decided on October.
Ides of March follows a young press secretary who falls prey to dirty backroom politics as he works to get his candidate elected in a tight race.
Guy East and Nigel Sinclair’s Exclusive Group and Brian Oliver’s Cross Creek Pictures are co-financing and producing the film with Clooney and Heslov, as well as with Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Way.
Sony also revealed there is a another Resident Evil in the works. Resident Evil 5 will open in theaters Sept. 14, 2012.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day