- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – Toro Produzioni, the Italian production company controlled by Sony Pictures Television Group, has snapped up local adaptation rights to Rising Star, the hot new singing format from Israeli group Keshet Media.
The Italian deal follows similar format agreements for Rising Star with RTL for Germany, France’s M6, Russia’s Rossiya1 and Nordisk for Scandinavia.
The singing competition show, which has been a huge ratings hit on Keshet 2 in Israel, uses innovative voting technology that allows viewers to vote live for their favorite contestants via a second screen app. The vote count is tallied live during a contestant’s on-air performance and determines the outcome of the show.
Toro is the go-to producer in Italy for music competition shows. The local producer of The Voice, the company recently acquired adaptation rights to the French classical music competition program Grande Battle.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day