- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Sony Electronics plans to offer a bonus to those who purchase its new $25,000 84-inch 4K LED TV.
Owners of this 4K—or “Ultra HD” as it is now being called—television in the U.S. will receive a loaned Ultra HD video player, which is a hard-disc server that connects to the TV and will come pre-loaded with 4K resolution movies and short form videos. It also includes a Sony Xperia Tablet S, which serves as a remote control through an app.
Pre-loaded onto the player will be 10 features—a combination of new releases and restored classics—offered in 4K. They are The Amazing Spiderman, Total Recall (2012), The Karate Kid (2010), Salt, Battle Los Angeles, The Other Guys, Bad Teacher, That’s My Boy, Taxi Driver and The Bridge on the River Kwai.
In addition, the player comes pre-loaded with 4K video shorts, including Red Bull Media House’s The Athlete Machine: Red Bull Kluge and four acoustic performances of songs from Red Bull Records’ Heaven’s Basement’s new record, Filthy Empire.
Sony plans to update the players periodically with new titles.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day