- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Without naming specific programs in the works, SPT said it will produce 840 hours of content with Televisa, the world’s leading producer of Spanish-language programming.
“By combining Televisa’s talented actors with Sony Pictures Television’s production expertise, we are elevating the teleseries genre to a whole new level as a world-class form of entertainment,” said Angelica Guerra, SPT’s senior vp production for Latin America and the U.S. Hispanic market.
The series will air on Televisa in Mexico and on Univision in the U.S.; Univision is Televisa’s stateside partner. Under the deal, SPT will handle distribution across Latin America, while Televisa and SPT will jointly handle distribution throughout the rest of the world.
The agreement comes a week after Netflix announced plans to produce a Spanish-language comedy series with the creators of the hit film We Are the Nobles.
SPT, the producer behind Breaking Bad, also is developing the Spanish-language version of the show, Metastasis.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day