- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sony’s legal thriller starring Denzel Washington has a title.
The project, written and directed by Dan Gilroy, who last made the acclaimed thriller Nightcrawler, is now named Roman Israel, Esq.
It was previously titled Inner City.
Roman Israel, Esq., which just wrapped principal photography, does not have a release date, but the studio is eyeing a fourth-quarter release. That would position Washington and his performance for awards consideration.
The script tells of a Los Angeles attorney, played by Washington, who is offered a job at a prestigious law firm after the death of his longtime partner. He takes on a case that has life-altering repercussions.
Colin Farrell and Carmen Ejogo are also in the cast.
The film is being co-produced and co-financed by Sony Pictures, Cross Creek Pictures, Charles D. King’s Macro, Image Nation, Topic and Bron.
Jennifer Fox and Escape Artists’ Todd Black are producing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day