- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rachel Lee Goldenberg is in talks to direct Sony’s EDM romantic comedy I’m in Love With the DJ.
Gary Sanchez’s Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Kevin J. Messick are producing the film.
Lauryn Kahn wrote the script, which Sony bought in April. The story centers on an American woman who brings her two best friends along with her on a trip to Spain where they embark on a wild search for a hot DJ who catches their eye.
Goldenberg also is a Funny or Die creative, like Kahn. She’s directed and produced shorts including Mary Poppins Quits, starring Kristen Bell, and A Gay Reporter’s Olympic Trials. In 2014, She won a Primetime Emmy for her work on Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis. She also directed 2013 TV movie Escape from Polygamy about three sisters who escaped from the polygamous cult.
She’s repped by CAA, Bryan Brucks at Luber Roklin Entertainment and Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day