- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Interview has been pushed.
The release date for Sony’s new comedy starring Seth Rogen and James Franco has been moved from Oct. 10 to Dec. 25.
The film stars Rogen and Franco as tabloid TV reporters who land an interview with the North Korean leader. As they prepare to travel to Pyongyang, their plans change when the CIA recruits them, perhaps the two least-qualified men imaginable, to assassinate Kim Jong Un.
Rogen and Evan Goldberg, who helmed This Is the End together, directed the film.
The screenplay is by Dan Sterling, with a story by Rogen, Goldberg and Sterling. Rogen, Goldberg and James Weaver produced.
Sony must be confident in the film to move it to the commonly crowded Christmas weekend, which is already populated by comedy sequel Hot Tub Time Machine 2, Disney’s musical Into the Woods, family film Paddington and Angelina Jolie‘s directorial effort Unbroken.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day