- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 80-year-old News Corp. mogul, like everyone else addicted to social media, becomes less discrete as the evening goes on. And he certainly has a real flair for 140-character barbs. (He was legendarily fond of rewriting his newspapers’ headlines.)
“When will Romney get a manager to prepare him?” he tweeted. “Fancy not being ready for questions about taxes or felons! Damaging.”
The reaction, as usual, was brutal.
“@rupertmurdoch has your legal team advised you to stop tweeting yet? You’re very critical for a man in your position,” wrote one person.
Another tweeted: “@rupertmurdoch You didn’t seem particularly well-prepared for your appearance before the UK parliamentary inquiry.”
Two hours later, Murdoch was on Twitter again with an announcement: “AFL-CIO supporting SOPA!”
He added: “Don’t care about people not buying movies, programs or newspapers, just stealing them.”
One reader tweeted back: “@rupertmurdoch stop whining dude. it’s conduct unbecoming an oligarch like you.”
Stay tuned for another installment of “The Mind of the Billionaire” coming to a handheld device near you sometime after the cocktail hour.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day