- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cast as an Italian mother barking orders at her five brawny young sons, Sophia Loren looks right at home in Act I of Dolce & Gabbana’s new short film for their fragrance, Dolce Rosa Excelsa.
The 81-year-old muse, who recently had a shade of lipstick named in her honor by the brand, stars as the matriarch of an Italian brood set upon restoring the family’s Sicilian mansion back to its former glory.
Directed by famed Italian screenwriter and filmmaker Giuseppe Tornatore, the brief clip — only 15 seconds in total — gives us just a fleeting glimpse of the beautiful backdrop (attractive Italian men in tanks included) and definitely leaves us wanting more.
Following the first act, entitled “Rinascita” (“rebirth”) are acts II and III — called “Festa” (“party”) and “Meravigliosa” (“wonderful”) respectively — which will debut next week. Here’s to hoping the next chapter sees the sons returning dressed in Dolce & Gabbana tuxes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day