- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
She may be a beauty, fashion and film legend, but, until now, Sophia Loren was a legend without her own lipstick. The iconic Italian leading lady just celebrated her 81st birthday and, with it, the debut of her very own Dolce & Gabbana lipstick.
Dubbed Dolce & Gabbana lipstick in Sophia Loren No. 1 ($37), the shade is perfect for her exotic look: a fuchsia-tinged, somewhat sheer, creamy red that was designed in partnership with the actress to enhance the deep pigmentation of Loren’s lips. Furthermore, for the first time, Loren is starring in D&G’s ad campaign.
Read more This Is How Gigi Hadid Met Joe Jonas
In a release, Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana said, “Sophia Loren No. 1 is our way of saying, ‘Thank you, Sophia!’ Thank you for her beauty, thank you for being a world favorite, thank you for being an icon of the big screen and of Italian beauty. She has been a constant source of inspiration for us, and today we celebrate her with the gift of her very own lipstick.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day