- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It may not be raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens, but Christopher Plummer‘s Captain von Trapp outfit might very well be one of our favorite things — as far as film costume is concerned, at least.
On Dec. 21, famed L.A. costume house Western Costume is releasing 14 pieces of von Trapp-worn gear for an auction hosted by Profiles in History.
Among the distinctive pieces being auctioned: Christopher Plummer‘s Captain von Trapp jacket and pants worn in the “Edelweiss” and “So Long, Farewell” musical numbers, and different pieces worn by the von Trapp children, including the capes during the “Climb Ev’ry Mountain” number and outfits for the “Do-Re-Mi” tune. Charmian Carr‘s Liesl jacket, seen during the “The Sound of Music” musical sequence, will also be up for grabs.
The lot is expected to fetch between $150,000 to $250,000 — enough for more than a few cases of crisp apple strudel and a schnitzel with noodles (or two).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day