- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Seven costumes worn by the Von Trapp children in The Sound of Music will be sold in auction on April 30, the Nate D. Sanders auction house announced on Thursday.
The auction house described the green- and cream-colored drapery costumes as “[a] jumper with side ties and matching shorts worn by Debbie Turner as Marta … two pairs of Lederhosen-style shorts worn by Duane Chase as Kurt and Nicholas Hammond as Friedrich … [a] jumper with suspenders worn by Kym Karath as Gretl … two sleeveless dresses worn by Heather Menzies as Luisa and Angela Cartwright as Brigitta … [and a] princess-sleeved dress worn by Charmian Carr as Liesel,” the Los Angeles Times reported.
The opening bid for the seven-piece collection is set at $800,000, according to the Thursday announcement. Interested parties may submit bids online through the Nate D. Sanders website.
A second set of the drapery garments was first sold in July 2013 as part of a larger Sound of Music lot that sold for $1.56 million (buyer’s premium included), Profiles History told the L.A. Times.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day