- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In The Space Between Us, Gardner Elliot (Asa Butterfield) plays the first human born on Mars after a team of astronauts visit the planet in order to colonize it. At age 16, he travels to Earth for the first time and seeks out Tulsa (Britt Robertson), a girl he met online while living on Mars.
“Tell me where you’re really from,” says Tulsa in the first trailer for the movie. “Mars,” responds Gardner, adding, “Just because something sounds crazy doesn’t mean it’s not true.”
The problem is, Gardner’s heart can’t handle Earth’s gravity and Gary Oldman’s and Carla Gugino’s characters seek out Gardner while he is on his adventure. In the trailer, the audience learns that Gardner’s birth is classified and kept a secret. As a result, he grows up having only met 14 people. Once he reaches Earth, he is fascinated by the colors around him, scared by a horse and delighted by rain.
Peter Chelsom directs the sci-fi film, which hits theaters Aug. 19.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day