- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Steven S. DeKnight will make his feature directorial debut with Legendary Pictures’ Pacific Rim 2, the follow-up to director Guillermo del Toro and screenwriter Travis Beacham’s 2013 action pic about rampaging monsters from the deep.
DeKnight, who created the Starz TV series Spartacus, most recently served as executive producer on Marvel’s Daredevil for Netflix.
The current script for the project, which will be released worldwide by Universal, was written by Jon Spaihts and is based on characters created by del Toro and Beacham.
The 3D film will be produced by Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, del Toro and Mary Parent, with Jillian Share serving as executive producer.
Spaihts, who recently wrote the script for Prometheus with Damon Lindelof, is repped by CAA and Circle of Confusion.
DeKnight, who also is repped by CAA, has additionally written, directed and produced such TV series as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Dollhouse and Smallville.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day