- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A version of this story first appeared in the Nov. 20 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
James Bond producer Michael G. Wilson recently told THR that he expects Spectre star Daniel Craig to return for a fifth installment of the franchise — even though the 47-year-old actor has been less than enthusiastic about continuing the role (“I’d rather break this glass and slash my wrists,” he told a London magazine in October).
But if Craig doesn’t come back, Bond girl (and Belvedere Vodka pitchwoman) Stephanie Sigman has a suggestion for who should replace him. “Maybe it’s crazy, but Michael Fassbender,” says the actress, known for her work in the Netflix series Narcos. “He’s a great actor. And he’s sexy.” London bookies at the William Hill website don’t agree: Fassbender, at 7-1 odds, is a long shot, while Tom Hardy is the favorite at 5-2.
As for Craig, his latest entry in the Bond franchise opened in the U.S. to $70.4 million over the weekend, pushing the global cume close to $300 million so far.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day