- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Benedict Cumberbatch, Michael Shannon, Nicholas Hoult and Katherine Waterston already are attached to the story about infamous feud between Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse.
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon is helming the project, which was penned by playwright-screenwriter Michael Mitnick.
The Current War takes place in the late 1880s and follows Edison (Cumberbatch), who championed direct current (DC) for electric-power distribution over alternating current (AC), which was backed by several European companies and Westinghouse Electric. Shannon is playing Westinghouse.
If a deal is made, Holland would play Edison’s assistant.
Hoult is playing Nikola Tesla, the famous Serbian engineer who worked for both Edison and Westinghouse, while Waterston is playing Westinghouse’s wife.
The Weinstein Co will finance the film and release it domestically.
Holland already made a splash with his appearance as Peter Parker/Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War and will headline his own outing in next summer’s Homecoming. He also will be seen in the period drama The Lost City of Z.
Holland is repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day