- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark is on the hunt for a new star.
Auditions will take place in L.A. on Aug. 12 at the Hollywood United Methodist Church and in New York on Aug. 19 at Stage 48 & Sky Lounge. Those looking to try out should be prepared to sing a rock song a capella.
Producers also will be auditioning for a future Mary Jane.
Carney was one of the longest-lasting cast members on the much publicized theatrical production, which featured music by U2’s Bono and The Edge.
The actor survived the show’s turbulent start, including six delays to its opening night, actor injuries, the firing of Julie Taymor, the show’s original director, and critical drubbing. Yet, once it finally opened, it quickly became one of Broadway’s biggest hits.
The 30-year-old Carney is also the lead singer of the rock band Carney and has appeared in several films, including Taymor’s adaptation of Shakespeare’s The Tempest.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day