- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Peter Parker’s long-suffering Aunt May will be getting the comic book spotlight in next month’s Amazing Spider-Man Annual.
The character has been in the news plenty this week. Rumors were kickstarted when Latino Review posted a story that Sony was prepping a solo feature starring Sally Field’s character, describing the project as “some sort of espionage story in the vein of AMC’s Mad Men.”
The story was later deemed a “silly rumor [with] no validity whatsoever,” Comic Book Resources reported, citing a Sony source.
That doesn’t mean that comics’ favorite aunt won’t have her day in the sun, however. Marvel Entertainment has announced that cartoonist Cale Atkinson will be writing and drawing a two-page strip titled A-May-Zing Spider-Aunt for the Dec. release of Amazing Spider-Man Annual No. 1.
Calling the character “Spidey’s most uncontrollable super power,” Atkinson joked that “One minute she may be helping Spidey fight off villains with a frying pan and the next calling an insect exterminator on him! With great May-power comes great May-sponsibility. Yeah that’s right, I just said that.”
Sure, it’s not a big-budget movie, but it’s a start. Aunt May: The Movie by 2024, anybody?