- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As of Jan. 13, Vimeo On Demand customers can purchase or rent the film and screen it on connected devices before it hits theaters Feb. 13.
“This is the future of film distribution. Please join us,” Lee said about the partnership with and release on Vimeo.
Vimeo’s general manager of audience networks Greg Clayman expressed his excitement of the partnership: “We are huge fans of Spike and were drawn to the film’s independent spirit. Having built an audience and raised over a million dollars on Kickstarter, we are beyond excited to bring the film to fans directly one month ahead of the theatrical release.”
Da Sweet Blood of Jesus is a love story centered on the addiction to blood that doomed an ancient African tribe. The film features Stephen Tyrone Williams, Elvis Nolasco and Zaraah Abrahams.
Gravitas Ventures acquired North American rights in November.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day