- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Spike Lee and his wife, Tonya Lewis Lee, may agree on many things, but the 2016 presidential race is not one of them.
During The Hollywood Reporter‘s New York issue cover shoot, Lee reveals in a video interview that he and his wife of 23 years aren’t simpatico on who should score the 2016 Democratic nomination.
“My beautiful wife, … she is a Hillary Clinton supporter,” Lee said on set following his sit-down interview with fellow Brooklynite Sanders. “So there’s a little bit of a divide in the household.”
Though the couple may not politically see eye-to-eye, his children — Satchel and Jackson — concur with their father. “My two children are with their daddy,” Lee said of his kids.
With a smirk on his face, Lee added: “We try not to talk about the two Democratic candidates in the Lee household.”
Read THR‘s full cover story for more on Sanders’ thoughts about education, guns and Obama’s legacy on the eve of the crucial New York primary.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day