- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Spike Lee’s American Cinematheque tribute is taking shape with the addition of Angela Bassett, Ryan Coogler, Jodie Foster, Rosie Perez and Da 5 Bloods stars Delroy Lindo, Jonathan Majors, Clarke Peters, Norm Lewis and Isiah Whitlock Jr.
The 34th award presentation — virtual due to the COVID-19 pandemic — is set for Jan. 14. Oscar-winner Lee is being feted on the heels of Netflix’s Da 5 Bloods and the release of HBO’s American Utopia.
“Our virtual presentation of the AC Award to Spike Lee is a celebration of his extraordinary body of work and an incredible look at the importance of his legacy to his generation and the ones that are following as told by his friends and collaborators over four decades, said AC board chair Rick Nicita. “We are extremely grateful to the entertainment industry companies and individual donors of this annual event in these challenging times for their continued generosity that enabled us to reach our goal of $500,000 in support of the mission of the non-profit cultural arts organization.”
Tickets are still available for Thursday’s event.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day